My name is Ken Kadet. My work raises the bar on what my clients can accomplish with strategic communications.
Over my career, I have worked with some of the world’s biggest and best communications and public relations agencies, advancing the causes of dozens of clients from emerging businesses and non-profits to corporate giants — a list that includes Kodak, Imation, Northwest Airlines, Rockwell Automation and CommVault Systems. Today, I lead Communications for GE Capital’s Fleet Services business.
After 15 years in agencies and three years in solo practice, I went corporate in 2011 with a $1+billion company, where I led internal communications, working with the executive team to drive change across a global employee base, and then established and directed a global media relations, analyst relations and social media programs for a transformed business.
During more than a decade with Fleishman-Hillard, I led the agency’s Twin Cities technology practice and consulted with clients from startups to nonprofits to large corporations on branding, corporate communications, media relations and effective use of the web and social media. My agency career began with Padilla Speer Beardsley in Minneapolis, where I ran effective public relations programs for high-tech and manufacturing clients.
Here are some of the results I’ve accomplished with clients since founding Kadet Communications:
- Drove sales growth for a mid-sized software and consulting company through a brand repositioning.
- Relaunched the iconic IronKey brand into an exciting new category.
- Launched a hot Twin Cities restaurant and developed productive media and blogger relationships.
- Informed and inspired global employees by writing well-received feature articles for internal publications.
- Reinvigorated brands through new messaging and navigation for redesigned websites.
- Spurred significant business development opportunities as an advisor for a near-launch startup.
- Drove admissions for a private school with crisis communications, new messaging and strategic marketing plans.
- Guided marketers for a global company by translating new branding into brand guidelines documents.
- Differentiated creative positioning for a new tech product line to help consumers differentiate brand offerings.
- Delivered higher marketing response rates by recommending new messaging and writing new copy for advertising, sell sheets, direct mail and event invitations and trade show presentations.